Wednesday, May 25, 2011

BEM Day 24: Bracelets, thank you cards, and the Mavericks

Okay, so I've been trying to get this string bracelet started for about an hour now. I make them on mission trip every year and they are awesome. It's a super intense friendship bracelet in the shape of a V in different colors. Basically, it looks amazing and I'm trying to get one started in A&M colors. It's been rough going and I almost ran out of black string (note to self: go to Michaels and buy more string). But now it's all separated and all I have to do is get everything started so it's smooth (but long) sailing tomorrow at school where I can work on it more. Finals week is great for bracelet making if you just have to be in class and not do anything.

So that's that.

Now I'm looking at the disaster that is my bedroom and surveying the large stack of thank you cards I need to mail and the even larger stack I need to write. Graduation parties are great and the gifts are awesome, but writing thank you notes are a lot more labor intensive than I thought they'd be. So my mom has unofficially grounded me until I can get more of those finished. I have about 40 to write and I've written about 15. Yeah, not a great start but at least it's a start. Maybe I'll write some over Memorial Day weekend. But I probably won't.

But the really exciting news is that the Mavs are headed to the NBA finals! I'm not a huge basketball fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I am excited for my home team. Personally, I think basketball players are punks and have foul language and are just generally disgusting (by far the sweatiest sport...and one of the meanest too). I'm more of a baseball kind of girl. But game 5 was great! Mavs were down most of the game and then they came back and won! Take that, Oklahoma City. The new Red River Shootout has ended with a southern victory. Though, I must admit, game 6 of the ALCS was, without question, better. The Thunder/Mavs rivalry just doesn't compare to the intense hatred Texans have against that team in New York. That win was sweeter, but this win is almost as good.

And there you have it.


I am...

Listening to: "Halfway" by Parachute
Looking forward to: Tomorrow being my last day in government
Procrastinating: Cleaning up all my mess I've made
Thinking about: Does Dallas smell a championship? Don't choke, Mavs
Wondering: What game the Mavs will choke in...because they will. Dallas is notorious for sports asphyxiation
Reflecting over: The fact that I'm going to miss my church so dang much

No comments:

Post a Comment