Monday, May 16, 2011

BEM Day 15: The little things in life

Hi. So lately I've been really cuing in on the little things of life that are either small victories or small losses. The key word being "small". Yeah, yeah, things add up, I know. But let's do some math. This is the ONLY time I'll want to voluntarily do math, reader, so consider yourself lucky that I'm mapping this out for you.

Pluses.

1. PARACHUTE'S ALBUM CAME OUT TODAY!

2. I have 2 more weeks of high school

3. My graduation party was like Christmas and my birthday.

4. The weather has been absolutely perfect lately

5. I'm almost done writing in senior journals

6. I'm going to ace my math test tomorrow

7. In a car accident that could've been really bad, my friend just broke her thumb

8. I might be able to use my cousin's lake house on senior skip day

9. I finally have time to finish reading a book I bought 3 weeks ago

Minuses:

1. I just started crying during a song on Parachute's album. Yes, the same song from a few days ago. At least I'm in my room and not, say, in a classroom full of seventh graders.

2. Castle ended tonight with a MAJOR cliffhanger

3. My friend was in a car wreck

4. I only have 7 more days at my middle school I student teach at

5. I'm still nice and burnt...and peeling!

Total:

Pluses: 9

Minuses: 5

I think we have a clear winner. Obviously, my life is way good. Sometimes it just takes adding things up  to see what I really need to be paying attention to.


I am...

Listening to: "American Secrets" by Parachute
Looking forward to: Handing in my project in English tomorrow--2nd to last one EVER in AP English
Procrastinating: Can you guess? Showering. And now it's a shower in the dark because the light burned out
Thinking about: How I like it when songs aren't titled the name of the album but when they are incorporated into songs
Wondering: Why Parachute only sings about blue-eyed girls. Brown eyes are just as pretty, dang it!
Reflecting over: The power of music

No comments:

Post a Comment