Thursday, May 26, 2011

BEM Day 25: The remainder of high school

So, want to know something embarrassing?

I have to take one of my finals. And, of course, it's my 6th period final which is the last final of the last day of school. Why couldn't I have just stayed in 1st period math? Then I would be done with high school on Wednesday. But no. I had to have a semester average two points below the exemption line. ANGST.

Because of this lack of mathematical comprehension, I have to go to school every day next week except Thursday (weird finals schedule...don't ask). But I'll only be at school for one class. Today was my last full day at my high school. Isn't that weird? My mind is kind of boggled right now.

Think about it: I've been one of the big high school girls who looks like she's all put together for four years now. CHS is my home turf and I know my town like the back of my hand. The transition from high school to college is massive and the fact that I'm closing a chapter of my life to open up a new one is kind of frightening but also kind of awesome. It's one of those chapters with this crazy cliffhanger and you're thinking "Shoot! I have to keep reading now!" because you want to know what happens.

But, at the same time, I realize that I'm ready to be done with high school but I'm not quite ready to leave my town. I've lived here for 15 years.

Yes, I know that I'm pretty much echoing myself from half of my other previous posts. The joys of finding different things to blog about every day...

Which brings me to my next confession: I won't be able to blog on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday because I won't have access to the internet. So I'll just do three days in June to make up for it, deal? Don't hate me, reader. I can't help where I have wifi and where I don't.

On a completely unrelated topic, I just convinced my friend that I was moving to San Antonio at the end of June. Classic.

Sorry for how intensely scatterbrained this was.


I am...

Listening to: "She is Love" by Parachute (Yes. I'm addicted.)
Looking forward to: Being at my cousin's lake house this weekend
Procrastinating: Writing more thank you cards
Thinking about: My friends and how hilarious they are
Wondering: How Ben could be so gullible as to believe that I was moving to San Antonio
Reflecting over: The changing times (to be cliche)

No comments:

Post a Comment