Sunday, May 8, 2011

BEM Day 7: Happy mother's day!

You have a mom.

In some way, shape, or form, you have a mother figure.

She may annoy the heck out of you sometimes (mine does). She may make unreasonable demands about the cleanliness of your bedroom (mine DEFINITELY does). And she may be really fun to mess with (mine so is). Even if your mom isn't overly fantastic, or even around, you have someone in your life who is kind of a mom to you.

But I want to praise my mom, because Lord knows she doesn't get enough of it.

She is fearless. She is a woman of God. She is talkative--especially when she gets nervous. She is scary when she's angry. She has power over my social life. She and I look a lot alike. She is your cliche involved Baptist woman at the church. She is embarrassed easily. She can throw parties and is a great hostess. She claims to not be as goofy as I am, but she is. She gets mad at me for not turning on my blinker or stopping for the full three seconds at a stop sign, but she doesn't do either of those all the time either. She makes the best spaghetti ever. She hates shopping. She has a memorable laugh. She has great taste in clothes, TV shows, and people. She could make friends with a rock. She's easy to get along with. She and my dad were made for each other. She is obsessed with her iPhone. She gets frustrated easily but smiles easily too. She is one of my top role models. She's loving. She's awesome. Love you, Mom. I'll miss you next year.


I am...

Listening to: "Strings" by Greg Holden
Looking forward to: Going home and eating some dinner
Procrastinating: Losing my alone time
Thinking about: How I only have a meager 19 days left of high school.
Wondering: Who will win The Amazing Race...finale tonight!
Reflecting over: My mother

No comments:

Post a Comment